Since 1984, the team at Optimum Seismic has been making California cities safer, performing full-service seismic retrofit engineering and construction services on multifamily residential, commercial and industrial buildings throughout the state.
We have the most experienced team in the industry. Our business model is built on value engineering: a systematic method of achieving the optimum ratio of functionality, safety and cost-effectiveness. We believe that superior customer service is the foundation of any business, and customize every project to suit the individual needs of each and every client.
Email Us To Schedule Your Free Consultation: Click Here
Call us today: (323)582-2465
Does your building need seismic retrofitting?
There’s a growing effort underway to make California communities safer, as cities throughout the state adopt new laws requiring seismic retrofits of buildings proven to be vulnerable to damage in an earthquake.
A soft-story condition occurs when a building has an open first floor (such as ground level parking, subterranean parking, or an open storefront with glass and minimal structural reinforcement) on at least one elevation, if not more.
Why take action now?
The likelihood of a major earthquake happening in California is very high. There are many benefits to a quick response:
• Retrofitting protects lives and your assets
• Retrofits help reduce an owner’s liability for injury or death in the event of a quake
• Some insurance companies offer more favorable terms for retrofitted buildings
• Construction costs will rise with demand
• Special property-assessed financing is now available to qualified owners
Optimum Seismic features expert design, fabrication and construction for all retrofit options. Our team has decades of experience working with clients to customize programs that match their goals and needs. We blend today’s needs with future possibilities to engineer an optimal retrofit solution.
What Services Do We Offer?
Optimum Seismic features expert design, steel fabrication and construction for all retrofit options. Our team has decades of experience working with clients to customize programs that match their goals and needs. We blend today’s needs with future possibilities to engineer an optimal retrofit solution.
Here are some services we offer and our methods for successfully meeting all your commercial building retrofitting needs:
Structures built in the early and mid 1970s had limited or weak connections at the roof to walls and continuity ties. In the event of an earthquake, these heavy concrete walls may pull apart from the roof creating a collapse hazard.
(URM) Unreinforced Masonry
Buildings of URM built before 1933 (brick, hollow clay tiles, stone, concrete blocks or adobe) are very likely to be damaged in earthquakes.
Non-ductile Concrete Building
Limited lateral resisting capacity in such buildings makes them brittle and susceptible to several
failure mechanisms during earthquake loading. In order to address ductility,strength, and stiffness
deficiencies, several retrofit schemes and techniques can be used.
5508 S. Santa Fe Ave.
Vernon, CA 90058
Website: Click Here
- What’s happening this week in Humboldt County, California: The squeeze - February 6, 2019
- Finding of the unexpected tsunami due to the strike-slip fault at central Sulawesi, Indonesia on 28 September 2018, from the preliminary field survey at Palu - October 15, 2018
- California bill (AB 2681) to create a public inventory of collapse-risk buildings is awaiting Gov. Brown’s signature - September 7, 2018